Chaya is healthy tree spinach that can grow in very dry environments. Here is a list of benefits of the plant. We specialize in drying Chaya in various ways, such as sun drying, freeze drying, and spray drying. In this way the health benefits of Chaya will be more available, so more humans can benefit from this nutritional and medical plant.
- Helps nourish the body with antioxidants.
- Prevents cancer (Chaya Herbal Food Inc).
- Extremely high in vitamin C and high in vitamin A (Chaya – High Nutrition Perennial).
- Helps to nourish the blood and gives good blood circulation.
- Lowers cholesterol in the blood.
- Adds iron to the blood (Chaya – High Nutrition Perennial and The nutritive value of chaya, one of the most productive green vegetables).
- Keeps blood sugar on healthy levels.
- Reduces inflammation in the blood.
- Helps to relieve rheumatoid arthritis (Nature’s Solution to Malnutrition).
- Nourishes the digestive system.
- Improves digestion (Chaya uses and facts).
- Helps to relieve hemorrhoids (Chaya uses and facts).
- Improves and nourishes eyesight (Chaya uses and facts).
- Nourishes bones by increasing calcium blood levels (Chaya – High Nutrition Perennial). Can be used for osteoporosis treatment.
- Nourishes the brain and helps the brain to work efficiently.
- Prevents headache.
- High in protein (Chaya – High Nutrition Perennial). The spray dried chaya powder can be used for as a protein powder for bodybuilders and other athletes.
- Nourishes the respiratory system. Can be used for asthma treatment.
- Prevents cough (Chaya uses and facts).
- Reduces lung infections, and improves lung functionality.
- Helps to lose weight.
- Balances the metabolism.
- Nourishes the liver, and helps with liver detoxification.
- Possible antidiabetic effect (Potential Nutritional and Health Benefits of Tree Spinach and Pubmed articles).
Also you might want to look into ECHO development notes article: The nutritive value of chaya, one of the most productive green vegetables.
And the ECHO technical note: CHAYA By Dawn Berkelaar.